Submissions will be accepted starting February 8, 2022, and up until June 17, 2022. Submissions are free of charge.
The 19th edition of Giornate degli Autori the independent sidebar of the Venice Film Festival that is promoted by ANAC and 100autori will take place August 31 – September 10, 2022.
Submissions will be accepted starting February 8, 2022, and up until June 17, 2022.
Films submitted to our selection committee need to be accompanied by a completed entry form; the form can be found in our 2022 REGULATION.
Artistic director Gaia Furrer will be responsible for the selection of our 2022 line-up, alongside Renata Santoro (head of programming), and the selection committee. They will be assisted by general delegate Giorgio Gosetti.
Submitters are reminded that:
– films must be world premieres if they are Italian, whereas they may be either world premieres or international premieres (at the discretion of the Artistic Director) if they are produced in other countries;
– only features and documentaries longer than 60 minutes are eligible;
– films must be available as DCPs for the official presentation in Venice; for the pre-selection, a link for streaming/download must be provided along with the entry.
The Official Awards recognized by the Giornate degli Autori are the following:
– the GdA Director’s Award, assigned by the Official Jury of Giornate degli Autori, headed by a filmmaker and composed of selected audience members, in an accord with the European Parliament’s Lux Audience Award, Cineuropa, and Europa Cinemas; the award is accompanied by a cash prize of €20,000, to be split equally between the filmmaker and the film’s international distributor, who agrees to use the amount received for the international promotion of the film;
– the People’s Choice Award, bestowed on a film in the Official Selection;
– the Label Europa Cinemas, reserved for films produced and co-produced in Europe. The Label was created by a network of high-calibre European exhibitors, with the support of the EU’s MEDIA Programme. It consists of a financial contribution towards distribution and promotion of the film as well as a guarantee that the winning film will be shown in the cinemas belonging to the network.
As with the other sections of the Venice Film Festival, all the films participating in Giornate are also eligible for the former’s parallel awards, with an awards ceremony due to take place on the last day of the Festival (September 10, 2022).