Entries for 2018 are Open
The 15th Edition of Giornate degli Autori will take place from August 29th to September 8th, 2018.
The entries are open and will close on Friday, June 22nd.
To submit your film you are requested to send a screener and the entry form, which you can fund in the 2018 REGULATION
Please note that:
- films must be World Premieres (exceptions can be made by the Director for International Premieres);
- only features films/documentaries longer than 60 minutes are eligible;
- for the pre-selection is required a link for streaming/download or, in the alternative, 3 copies of DVD or Blu-Ray screeners;
- if selected, films must be available in DCP format for the screenings in Venice;
- to submit a film to La Biennale and International Critics' Week, please contact their organizers.
The sole responsible of the selection is the Director Giorgio Gosetti, who is supported in the process by the Deputy Director Sylvain Auzou, the Head of Programming Gaia Furrer, Renata Santoro and the Selection Committee composed by: Claudia Landsberger, Agnès Catherine Poirier, Tadeusz Sobolewski, Adrian Wootton.
The Official Awards of Giornate degli Autori are:
* the GdA Director's Award, given by the Official Jury of Giornate degli Autori, headed by a filmmaker and composed by the participants to the program 28 Times Cinema of the European Parliament. The award is accompanied by a cash prize of € 20,000, to be split equally between the filmmaker and the film's international distributor, who agrees to use the sum received to internationally promote the winning film.
* the BNL People's Choice Award for the films of the Official Selection, offered by BNL Gruppo BNP Paribas, Main Sponsor of Giornate degli Autori.
* the Label Europa Cinemas, dedicated to films produced and co-produced in Europe. The Label has been created by a network of high quality European exhibitors, with the support of the EU's MEDIA Programme. It consists of a financial contribution towards distribution and promotion, as well as a guarantee for the winning film that it will be shown in the cinemas belonging to the network.
All the films participating in the Giornate are also in competition for the parallel awards, with a ceremony due to take place on the last day of the Festival. First films are eligible for the "Luigi De Laurentiis Award Lion of the Future".